Monday, November 28, 2011

StumbleUpon


About a year ago, my Step Mom introduced me to a website that she was hopelessly addicted to called Stumble Upon. Well, she sent me a link to it and I signed up but did nothing with it because she had told me that I would be an immediate addict. I didn't really need anything else to keep me on the computer, I spent too much time on there as it is!

One day, my Son was taking a nap and whilst thinking to myself about maybe doing the dishes or running the vacuum around (Hah!) I decided to check out this apparently as 'addictive as crack' website and oh how my husband wishes I didn't. For weeks whilst my Step Mom laughed evilly, I stumbled and stumbled and stumbled. Click, click, click. Laughing to myself, oohing and ahhing at all these websites that I was coming across that I would NEVER have found otherwise. The stuff you find is amazing! Just today I found out how to make a Jersey Knit Bracelet, a Chocolate Chip Cookie Dough Cheesecake, Pumpkin Cinnamon Rolls, a whole page of Chicken Recipes, I found out what might happen if I ate all my kids Halloween Candy AND I found out all about 30 Different Types of Mythical Humanoid Creatures... (Side note: - Some things you find do sometimes leave you scratching your head. Which makes it more addictive. Haha) After a couple of weeks or so, the novelty did wear off a little for a number of months.  But then I found the Android App... Which has started the addiction up all over again.  I can now stumble wherever I go!  Yes!  Even on the loo.  ;)

All you have to do is sign up with your email address, choose a password and a username and you are almost ready to go! (Links below) You will first see a page where you can choose your interests.  You choose as little or as many as you like:


Save your options and hit the Stumble button!


You can also click on 'like' or 'dislike' buttons so that you can weed out the things that you aren't all that crazy about.

Anyway.  My whole point of the this blog post is that if you haven't joined StumbleUpon yet, you really, really should.  There are some amazing websites out there (And some pretty cookie ones too) again that you probably wouldn't get to see.  Another reason is that at the moment, up until December, 4th when you join you will get a unique referral link.  Every 5 friends that you get to sign up before this date, you will get a $10 Amazon Gift Card!!!  This is awesome!!  It would come in handy seeing as Christmas is coming up wouldn't it!?

Sign up for your FREE StumbleUpon Account!
Once you have confirmed your email address click here to get your unique referral code!

Each time someone signs up under your link, you get an email telling you!  When it reaches 5, you will get a congratulations email!  There is NO LIMIT to how many people you can refer!

Happy stumbling!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment