Friday, November 11, 2011

Burt's Bees Natural Skin Solutions Review



I am a member of a website called BzzAgent and I was lucky enough to receive a Bzz Kit containing full size bottles of Burt's Bees Natural Skin Solutions cleanser and daily moisturizer (along with some samples) to try out and share my opinion.

I was really looking forward to receiving these products to try.  I have really bad skin.  It appeared when I was 15 and much to my disgust, decided to stay...  It seems to be the one part of me (if you can ignore the fine lines which are starting to develop around my eyes) that is intent on staying a teenager.  The one part of me that I would actually prefer to be an adult.  I have tried so many different types of skin care and as of yet I have not found the magical cure.  (I am open to suggestions!  I will try anything!) So, yes.  I was excited to try this.

I used both of the products together, twice a day for 10 days.  I was pretty impressed with the cleanser.  It had a pleasant scent and a rich, creamy lather and did not leave my skin feeling tight like so many other cleansers do.  This cleanser doesn't actually contain any soap.  Instead it contains cotton extract which is supposed to soften and help replenish the skin's outer layer and a combination of Quillaja (I still don't know what Quillaja is though, it sounds like a sneeze doesn't it?) and Yucca Extracts to help remove impurities without stripping essential moisture.  It also contains rice extract and Aloe to provide moisture and to sooth. Although this cleanser did not cure my bad skin (which it never promised to) it didn't cause any further breakouts either which is always a plus.

The moisturizer on the other hand, I wasn't overly impressed with.  This contains pretty much the same ingredients as the cleanser and promises to moisturize sensitive skin all day without causing redness or irritation, which was fine.  That wasn't the issue.  Along with the bad skin which I guess goes hand in hand, I have Shiny Face Syndrome.  I have only been able to find one moisturizer that does not cause this!  (Neutrogena Oil Free, which I love)  Some moisturizers are worse than others and for me, this was not a good one.  About an hour after applying I was a prime candidate for a Dawn commercial.  I will give Burt his due though, again, it doesn't actually state that the moisturizer is 'oil free' so i cannot say that it doesn't 'do' what it's supposed to do.  Again, although it didn't cure my bad skin, it didn't cause any further outbreaks.  Just an oil slick.  So if you, like me have SFS...  I would stay away from this.

My overall rating is 3/5.  Just because of the oiliness of the moisturizer.  Other than that these truly are great, 99.0% natural products.

You can read up on Burt's Bees line of Natural Skin Solutions here!


*Disclaimer - I received 'free' samples of this product courtesy of Burt's Bees and BzzAgent and was under NO obligation to give a good review.  All opinions are mine and mine alone.

No comments:

Post a Comment