Monday, January 14, 2013

To IUD or not to IUD...

Bit of a personal topic today... But, this morning I found out that I can no longer have my Depo Provera shot.  I'm upset because I love it, it does not however, love me back.  I am now in a dilemma.  I can't take anything with estrogen in it, because it raises my blood pressure really high.  My doctor put me on progesterone only pills before I left England and they were fine for a few months, but my blood pressure rose again. I stopped taking birth control for quite some time, mainly because I couldn't afford it and then got pregnant with Cole.  They gave me the Depo shot at the hospital after I gave birth and I had 2 doses but then stopped because it was getting pricey. When we moved, I realized that I could go to the Health Department (I had no idea...) so in July I started it back up again, only to go today and find that my blood pressure is ridiculously high again.  So apparently it's hormones in general that do not agree with me. I have also not been feeling all that great for the past 6 months or so, and I put it down to everything that has been happening over the past couple of years. Turns out, that this could also be the Depo.  One of the main side effects is depression.  Again with the ugh'.

I have an appointment on January 24th to see the doctor about a copper IUD (Paragard).  I really need some advice here!  I have been researching it and have seen very good reviews and some very, very bad ones!  I know people are different and things affect people in different ways, I just wanted to hear from a few people who have one or have had one so that I know a little more of what to expect.  I'm a bit nervous!

~ Tasha

No comments:

Post a Comment