Monday, January 14, 2013

Crockpot Chicken Fiesta!

Tonight I felt a bit like Old Mother Hubbard when I went to my cupboard!  There wasn't a whole lot in there at all so I dug the crockpot out and cooked up a masterpiece. (Well actually, I would do it a bit differently next time!  Sounds good though, huh?)

If I had my camera, I would have taken a picture...  But I will add one next time I make it.  I will definitely make it again because My Husband loved it.  Cole not so much.  He is getting a bit fussy with his food!

To make my Chicken Fiesta Masterpiece I chucked in:

4 Chicken Thighs
1 Can of Corn
1 Can of Black Beans
1 Can of Pinto Beans
1 Can of Tomato Sauce
1 Can of Tomato Paste
1 Packet of Taco Seasoning
1 Packet of Fajita Seasoning
1 Chopped Onion
1 Cup of Rice (This is the bit I would change...  Next time I would most definitely do the rice separately, it was far too mushy!)
1 Cup Water

Mix it all together and cook on high for about 5 hours and VOILA!  Delicious!  I absolutely love my Crockpot and I have no idea why I don't use it more often!!

What are some of your favorite Crockpot recipes?

~ Tasha

10 comments:

  1. I love my crockpot, this looks yummy! I saw your post on bloggy moms and following you on GFC now. I look forward to your future posts :)

    http://wvfrugal-wvsaver.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  2. Adding this to my "I gotta try" crockpot list! Thanks for stopping in at my blog!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love my crockpot! I have done a crock recipe for about 7 days now. I am going to add this one to my 'going to try' list. Thanks!

    ReplyDelete
  4. This sounds good. I'll have to try it soon!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Wonderful recipe, crockpot meals are always great.
    ~Lauren Rochon

    ReplyDelete
  6. Sounds delicious. I love crockpot meals! One of my family favorites is Corned Beef in the crockpot.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Sounds great!!

    -Ashley Marie Morrissey
    ashummz05(at)yahoo(dot)com

    ReplyDelete