Thursday, January 17, 2013

Fussy Pantitus...

Yes. My Son has a case of Fussy Pantitus. It's starting to drive me insane. He has a very small list of foods that he will eat and I'm not quite sure how he is so healthy.

He will eat:

Mac & Cheese (But only recently)
Fruit (Any fruit)
Goldfish
Yogurt
Cheese
Ham
The occasional Chicken Nugget
Ramen Noodles
Cereal
Toast
Bacon (But not really)
Sausage (But not Hot Dogs)
Chocolate (He is my Son after all)
Ketchup (Like me, he would drink it out of the bottle if he could)

That's pretty much it. If something looks even remotely like a vegetable, he will NOT eat it, he won't even try it! He eyes up 'un vegatized' plates of food very suspiciously as though I have laced them with arsenic, puts the food in his mouth and holds it there for a second to see whether it is acceptable to his delicate and highly trained palate and then either gestures with his hands for my hand so he can spit it out, or nods his head and swallows. I'm thinking I may have a Zagat food critic on my hands in a later life.

I've started giving him a Gummy Vitamin every day and Carnation Instant Breakfast every once in a while and just hope to hell that he is getting what he needs.

Anyone else have a case of the 'fussies' in their house? I am determined to find a way to trick him! That might be my mission next week.

~ Tasha

10 comments:

  1. My kids were (and still are) the same way. One of my daughters actually wrote on her school paper that Ramen noodles were her favorite food! I was a little embarrassed by that! They eat a little bit more now that they're older, but it's still hard to get them to try new things.

    ReplyDelete
  2. My oldest was like that, and now he eats everything. I found the less deal you make of it, the faster they grow out of it!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I'm trying not to make a huge deal out of it, but can't wait for the day when he quits turning his nose up at my cooking! The kids giving me a complex! Haha

    ReplyDelete
  4. Thankfully we are not at this phase yet, but I'm sure we are not far off.

    I found you on Bloggy Mom. Please come check out my blog. http://whispersfromaworkingmom.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  5. my 21 month old has about the same diet! the only chicken nuggets he will eat are premade ones - I made some delicious homemade ones and he spit them out! He is not a chicken fan. the only veggie he eats is corn.

    ReplyDelete
  6. I feel your pain. LOL! Chicken nuggets was a staple around here for a long time. They eventually grow out of it with lots of encouragement

    ReplyDelete
  7. How about smoothies? You can sneak veggies in them.

    ReplyDelete
  8. That's actually a good idea. I need to invest in a blender!

    ReplyDelete
  9. (Sorry if this comes through twice, I got timed out)

    Goldfish ??? I'm assuming that's not little orange fish ??? LOL

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Haha! No, not the kind that swim! Although maybe I should try?! Are they even edible? lol!

      Delete