Sunday, March 3, 2013

Liebster Blog Award!

I have just been given the Liebster Blog Award by Chelsea over at Married Filing Jointly! Thank you so much! This has actually made me really happy! It proves that people are in fact reading what I write and that it is definitely worth all of my hard work! Yay!!

The Liebster Blog Award is an award given by bloggers to other bloggers, who have less than 200 followers (or have been blogging for less than 6 months). It is to show newer bloggers that they are appreciated, and to help spread the word about new blogs. It was created to promote appreciation and recognition among the blog world. Liebster translates to “dearest” (or favorite/best) in German. It is also known as the Love Blog Award.

Here are the guidelines for the award!

1. You must post 11 random things about yourself. 
2. Answer the questions that the nominator set for you. 
3. Create 11 questions for the people you nominate. 
4. Choose 11 new blogs you love and link them in your post.  
5. Please leave me a comment on this post with the URL to your Liebster post so I can learn more about you!

My 11 Random Things:

1. I eat weird things. Cheese puff and cream cheese sandwiches? Yum!

2. My second toe is longer than my big toe. I am unsure whether this is weird or not. I've been told that this means I am clever! Or may be able to learn to play the piano with my toes? lol

3. I can turn my eyelids inside out. I'm sure that's not a good thing to be able to do though. I'm not quite sure when I learned I could do this, or why I even tried...

4. I am a little OCD. If I am stressed, I pull my eyebrows out - Never said that in public before... It's quite a problem and I only just learned recently that there is a name for this. Apparently, I am not the only one that does it, I have fellow weirdo's! If I
hand write a letter or grocery list etc, it cannot have any mistakes. If I make a mistake, I start again. So if I promised you 10 years ago that I would write you a letter and you haven't received it yet? You now know why. ;)

5. As an add on to 4... All the time it takes me to write a grocery list? 99% of the time, I forget to take it with me anyway.

6. I get excited by stationary. In Office Max, I'm like a kid in a candy shop.

7. I have a group of very good friends (12 or so) that I met online 11 years ago, on an eBay chat forum. I have not met a single one of them in person, but I class them as some of the best friends I have ever made.

8. I hate housework. But if I had a maid, I would probably end up doing it all again anyway. Because apparently, I am the only one that can do things right... I'm starting to sound like a complete nut job here!

9. In 2008, I met my husband in a pub. I was there with my Step Mum and some of her friends and one of them jokingly said to a guy at the bar that I was looking for a husband so I could move to America. He put his hand up and said, 'I'll do it!', It turns out that this was quite the conversation starter! I was only supposed to be on vacation for a month, but ended up staying for 3 because I couldn't bare to leave him. We were married 3 years later and Cole was born 3 years after that!

10. My Sons due date was the exact date that my Husband and I met. November 5th.

11. I have a thing for older men. I always have. My Husband is 16 years older than me.

Questions that were set for me:

1. If you could go anywhere where would you go?
Oh there are so many places I want to go... China, Peru, Bora Bora, Australia. Most of all though, I want to go back to England to visit my family.

2. Why did you start blogging and when?
I started blogging in October 2011 but not seriously. I started doing it seriously in February/March 2012 but had to stop due to some pretty big changes in my life. I was able to get this show back on the road in January and aim to keep it that way!

3. If you could be doing anything in five years where would you be?
I would have a successful career, my family would be happy and I would live on the West Coast in a house by the beach. I would also like to have a house boat on the Puget Sound.

4. What is your favorite blog post you have ever done and why?
The one where I realized that I was putting on a bit of a front when I blog. I made a pact that I would start to be a bit more true to myself and to not to try and sound overly happy, like I'm farting rainbows all of the time, that is not me!

5. What are your favorite blogs and why do you love them?
I love Scary Mommy. I love people who don't care what others of think of them and are very straight to the point. She is hilarious too!

6. What's your favorite recipe?
Everything on Pinterest.

7. Who is your bestfriend?
A lovely lady called Louise. We have known each other since we were 7 when we were forced to sit together in school. She is my person. I can tell her anything. I just wish I could spend more time with her, we have only seen each other once in 5 years.

8. What does your "me" time look like to you?
Propping up my feet with a good book and a glass of chilled white wine.

9. How do you want to be remembered?
I want to be remembered as a good person. One that was feisty! But honest, kind, loving and a good mom, wife and friend.

10. What is your favorite fictional book?
I don't have a favorite. I have read so many books, that it's impossible for me to choose. My favorite author though, is an English lady called Leslie Pearse.

11. Favorite vacation spot and what is your favorite thing to do there?
We haven't really had the money to go on vacation for quite some time... My Husband and I's favorite spot to go, because it brings back great memories from when we were dating is Deep Creek Lake in Western Maryland. It is so pretty up there especially when it snows!

11 blogs that I nominate (This is hard! I have so many blogs I love! If I didn't nominate you, please don't be offended!)

Stephanie from When Crazy Meets Exhaustion
Vicky from The Pursuit of Normal
Penny from Green Mom and Kids
Vinma from A Momless Mom
Carolyn from CC McAfee Perspective
Eileen from Consignor City
Julie at 70 Words per Minute
Jennifer from Simply at Home Mom 
Jessica from Your Healthy, Happy Life
Ellen from Bad Word Mama 
Cari from On the Verge

11 Questions for nominees to answer!

1. Why did you start blogging?

2. If your life were a song, what would it be?

3. If you had the chance to meet one person, living, fictional or dead; who would it be and why?

4. If you had to eat the same meal, every day, for the rest of your life; what would it be?

5. Do you have any phobias?

6. What makes you angry?

7. What makes you happy?

8. What's your favorite smell?

9. What's on your 'Bucket List'?

10. It's the Zombie Apocalypse, you have 10 seconds to leave your house. What 3 things do you grab?

11. What do you never leave the house without?

NOMINEES! Please leave me the link to your blog posts in the comments below! I'm looking forward to getting to know you all better.


Big thanks again to Chelsea over at Married Filing Jointly for this awesome award! xo


~ Tasha          

12 comments:

  1. Thank you so much.. I will get working on my questions tomorrow.
    -Ellen

    ReplyDelete
  2. What? That is really how you met your husband!? Amazing!
    Thanks for the nomination! You are great!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thank you for the nomination! Omg! I don't even know where to beig with this:) but it's very exciting!

    ReplyDelete
  4. So kind of you to include me in your nominations!! I loved this answer: I want to be remembered as a good person. One that was feisty! But honest, kind, loving and a good mom, wife and friend. I second that!!

    ReplyDelete
  5. This is awesome! Thanks for the nomination I am excited to get started :)

    ReplyDelete
  6. Congratulations and thanks so much for nominating me!!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Congratulations, Tasha! You so deserve this! I loved getting to know you better through all these answers, My husband does no#3 also---so weird looking but an interesting talent you have! Thrilled that you found the perfect bloggers to give the award to!

    ReplyDelete
  8. I love your story on how you met your husband! You could have a movie made about your love story! That's awesome!

    ~Chelsea @ Married Filing Jointly

    ReplyDelete
  9. What a fun idea! I love how you met you hubby....

    ReplyDelete
  10. Finally! I did it! Here is my post: http://www.consignorcity.com/liebster-blog-award/

    ReplyDelete